All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThey call their abilities Talents, and that's what they call themselves as well. Talents are people born with supernatural powers, feared by the population at large. Possession of an unregistered ability has become illegal, and those who are discovered are forcibly removed to government-run research facilities. They do t return. And so the Talents try, as best they can, to keep their abilities secret-some more successfully than others. For some, keeping that secret begins to define who they are. That's where Hush Money begins... Be rmal, invisible. Don't get close to anyone. Those are the rules to live by for seventeen-year-old Joss. She spent years as an outsider, hoping to hide what she is, until the new girl, Kat, decides she's friend material. Kat doesn't realize her mistake when she stands up for Joss against Marco, a guy who's been giving Joss a hard time since freshman year. Joss is horrified when these heroics lead to the reveal of Kat's Talent. Now she has an unasked-for best friend, who is the victim of an extortion plot by the school bully, who used to like Joss. And if that wasn't all complicated eugh, Dylan, Joss's long-time crush, is finally starting to talk to her. But as Marco's best friend, can Dylan be trusted at all? Can Joss keep her secret and still save her friend? And what's more important, staying safe or doing what's right? Hush Money is recommended for readers 13 and over due to strong language.
- Author BiographySusan Bischoff is an incurable romantic with a soft-spot for superheroes, those larger-than-life characters whose supernatural abilities set them apart from everyone else. Some are loved by all and known by none, some are woefully misunderstood and mistreated by those they serve. Traditionally, the life of the super-powered being seemed to her to be one destined for loneliness, and yet so deserving of a happily ever after. The Talent Chronicles series, which tells the stories of superhuman characters in a world that fears and persecutes them, was born out of her desire for happily ever after in the superhero realm. For superhero hook-ups! Superhero Romance! These are stories for those who love romantic storylines in television shows like Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Smallville, and in movie series like Batman, Superman, and The X-Men. She's been known to say, These are stories for people who wished Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor could have worked things out. Susan lives in Tennessee with her high-school sweetheart husband, a daughter, two cats, and one, big puppy. She loves most everything girly: sewing, knitting, and other needlework crafts, baking, doll collecting, shojo manga, and is particularly fond of things that are pink. Another favorite pastime is replaying the kissing scene at the end of the BBC's North and South.
- Author(s)Susan Bischoff
- Date of Publication24/09/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight231 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.