Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA beautifully voiced debut captures an intimate story of change and acceptance. Twelve-year-old Davis lives in an old brownstone with his mother and grandmother in Brooklyn. He loves people-watching in Prospect Park, visiting his mom in the bakery she owns, and listening to the biggest operas he can find as he walks everywhere. But Davis is having a difficult summer. As questions of sexuality begin to enter his mind, he worries people don t see him as anything other than husky. To make matters worse, his best girlfriends are starting to hang out with mean girls and popular boys. Davis is equally concerned about the distance forming between him and his single mother as she begins dating again, and about his changing relationship with his amusingly loud Irish grandmother, Nanny. Ultimately, Davis learns to see himself outside of his one defining adjective. He s a kid with unique interests, admirable qualities, and people who will love him matter what changes life brings about.
- Author BiographyJustin Sayre is a successful stage and screen writer and presents a powerful voice that captures the subtle nuances of bullying around themes of weight and sexual orientation, as well sending a love letter to opera and to Brooklyn. He lives in Brooklyn and writes in Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Justin Sayre
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication15/01/2017
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2017
- ImprintGrosset & Dunlap Inc.,U.S.
- Weight408 g
- Width132 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $15.44Trending at AU $16.02
- AU $62.47Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $32.64
- AU $40.77Trending at AU $46.35
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.86
- AU $20.43Trending at AU $28.55
- AU $38.01Trending at AU $44.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.