All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA journey to Japan seen through the eyes of two Brazilians: Haruki and Celina. Through a counterpoint of narration and text, and with reference to haiku by seventeenth-century master Matsuo Basho, the pair's losses and struggles unfold --Provided by publisher.
- Author BiographyAdriana Lisboa, born in Rio de Janeiro, holds degrees in music and literature and has worked as a flautist, Brazilian Jazz singer, and music teacher. The author of eleven books, including six novels and a collection of short stories, she was awarded the Jose Saramago Prize in 2003 for Sinfonia em branco (Symphony in White, TTUP, 2009). Her books have been published in France, Italy, Sweden, and Mexico, among other countries, and she has translated into Portuguese such authors as Cormac McCarthy and Marilynne Robinson. She currently lives in Colorado.Sarah Green, who holds degrees from the University of Texas and Stanford University, is a translator and interpreter based in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Author(s)Adriana Lisboa
- PublisherTexas Tech Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/05/2011
- Series TitleThe Americas
- Place of PublicationTexas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTexas Tech Press,U.S.
- Weight372 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Translated bySarah Green
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.