All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHybrid Intelligent Systems summarizes the strengths and weaknesses of five intelligent techlogies: fuzzy logic, genetic algorithms, case-based reasoning, neural networks and expert systems, reviewing the status and significance of research into their integration. Engineering and scientific examples and case studies are used to illustrate principles and application development techniques. The reader will gain a clear idea of the current status of hybrid intelligent systems and discover how to choose and develop appropriate applications. The book is based on a thorough literature search of recent publications on research and development in hybrid intelligent systems; the resulting 50-page reference section of the book is invaluable. The book starts with a summary of the five major intelligent techlogies and of the issues in and current status of research into them. Each subsequent chapter presents a detailed discussion of a different combination of intelligent techlogies, along with examples and case studies. Four chapters contain detailed case studies of working hybrid systems. The book enables the reader to: * Describe the important concepts, strengths and limitations of each techlogy; * Recognize and analyze potential problems with the application of hybrid systems; * Choose appropriate hybrid intelligent solutions; * Understand how applications are designed with any of the approaches covered; * Choose appropriate commercial development shells or tools. An invaluable reference source for those who wish to apply intelligent systems techniques to their own problems.
- Author(s)Larry R. Medsker
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication21/10/2012
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight486 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1995
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.