All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication23/05/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note134 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight1289 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byHoward M. Lenhoff
- Table Of ContentsTerminology for Morphology and Cell Types.- Terminology for Morphology and Cell Types.- Culture and Handling.- Collecting Hydra.- Identifying Hydra Species.- Water, Culture Solutions, and Buffers.- Visual Monitoring of pH in Solutions with Phenol Red.- Hatching Brine Shrimp Larvae Axenically and/or in a Range of Quantities.- Determining Growth Rates of Groups of Hydra and Budding Rates of Individual Hydra.- Culturing Large Numbers of Hydra.- Turbidimetric and Pipetimetric Measurements of Number of Hydra.- Culturing Hydra of the Same Species but of Different Sizes.- Culture of Sexually Differentiated Hydra.- Preparing Axenic Hydra.- Histology.- Preparing Hydra for Transmission Electron Microscopy.- Preparing Hydra for Scanning Electron Microscopy.- Preparing Hydra for Freeze-Fracture and Freeze-Etching.- Whole Mounts for Light Microscopy.- Preparing Histological Sections for Light Microscopy.- Vital Staining: Fluorescent and Immunofluorescent, and Review of Nonfluorescent Dyes.- Macrophotography.- Macrophotography.- Quantitative Cytology.- Dissociating Hydra Tissue into Single Cells by the Maceration Technique.- Cell Cycle Analysis of Hydra Cells.- Mitotic Index.- Measurement of the Numbers of Nematoblasts, Nematocytes, and Nematocysts.- Marking Epithelial Cells in Living Hydra with India Ink.- Techniques Using Isotopes.- Incorporating [3H]Thymidine into Hydra by Microinjection.- Labeling with Gaseous 14CO2 or by Feeding on Radioactive Tissues.- Fractionating Small Amounts of Radioactive Tissue.- Rapid Whole-Mount Radioautography.- Isolating Hydra Mutants by Sexual Inbreeding.- Isolating Hydra Mutants by Sexual Inbreeding.- Manipulating Tissue Organization.- Grafting: A Rapid Method for Transplanting Tissue.- Quantitative Interpretation of Transplantation Phenomena.- Dissociating Tissues into Cells and the Development of Hydra from Aggregated Cells.- Culturing Interstitial Stem Cells in Hydra Aggregates.- Separating Viable Tissue Layers.- Preparing Ectoderm/Endoderm Chimeras.- Manipulating Cellular Composition in Vivo.- Eliminating All Nonepithelial Cells Using Colchicine.- Culturing Epithelial Hydra.- Reducing Populations of Interstitial Cells and Nematoblasts with Hydroxyurea.- Preparing Hydra viridis with Nerve Cells and No Interstitial Cells, or with Neither of These Cell Types.- Eliminating Interstitial Cells with Nitrogen Mustard.- Altering Cell Population Levels by Gamma Irradiation.- Reducing Number of Nematocytes in the Tentacles.- Assay and Isolation of Substances Controlling Morphogenesis in Hydra.- Assay and Isolation of Substances Controlling Morphogenesis in Hydra.- Isolation and/or Properties of Acellular Mesoglea and Nematocysts.- Isolating Mesolamellae.- Isolating Undischarged and Discharged Nematocysts from Acontiate Sea Anemones.- Dissolving the Nematocyst Capsule Wall and Identifying its Protein Component(s).- Purifying an Inhibitor of Succinoxidase Activity from Hydra littoralis.- Assays for Activities of Nematocyst Venoms and Their Components.- Analytical Procedures.- Special Techniques for Weighing Microgram Quantities of Tissue and Assaying Them for Enzyme Activities.- Extracting and Characterizing Hydra RNA: Modifications to Allow Extraction of Undegraded Material in the Presence of High Levels of Degradative Enzymes.- Colorimetric Analysis for Protein of Hydra.- Determining Respiration and Oxygen Evolution of Green Hydra with the Rank Brothers Oxygen Electrode.- Symbiotic Relationships.- Isolating Endosymbiotic Algae from Hydra viridis.- Preparing Aposymbiotic Hydra.- Introducing Symbiotic Algae into Aposymbiotic Hydra.- Measuring Number of Algal Symbionts in Hydra viridis.- Measuring in Vivo Translocation of Reduced Organic Carbon Compounds from Endosymbiotic Algae to Hydra.- Spectrophotometric Assay for Maltose.- Methods for Epizootilogical Research with Hydras.- Experimental Methods for Epizootilogical Research with Hydras.- Electrophysiology and Behavior.- Recording Electrical Activity.- Bioassay f
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.24Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.