All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn exploration of current and possible future hydrogen storage techlogies, written from an industrial perspective. The book describes the fundamentals, taking into consideration environmental, ecomic and safety aspects, as well as presenting infrastructure requirements, with a special focus on hydrogen applications in production, transportation, military, stationary and mobile storage. A comparison of the different storage techlogies is also included, ranging from storage of pure hydrogen in different states, via chemical storage right up to new materials already under development. Throughout, emphasis is placed on those techlogies with the potential for commercialization.
- Author BiographyAgata Godula-Jopek is a fuel cell expert in the Department of Energy & Propulsion at EADS Innovation Works (European Aeronautic Defense and Space Company), Germany. Her research interests center on fuel cells, hydrogen storage and fuel processing for fuel cells. After obtaining her academic degrees (MSc) from the Technical University in Cracow, Poland, she worked as assistant scientist in the Department of Electrochemical Oxidation of Gaseous Fuels at the Institute of Physical Chemistry of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Cracow, completing here her PhD. She has authored numerous scientific publications and patents. Walter Jehle is presently a system engineer for the Department of Energy and Life Support Systems at EADS Astrium, Germany. After graduating in Chemical Engineering from the Technical University of Stuttgart, he worked for the Daimler Chrysler Institute and the EADS Innovation Works. His areas of expertise include Hydrogen Production, Hydrogen Storage and Fuel Cells. Walter Jehle has authored several scientific publications and patents. Prof. Dr.-Ing. Jorg Wellnitz is Chair and Professor of Light-Weight Design and CAE and is Vice-Dean of Faculty Engineering at the University of Applied Sciences in Ingolstadt, Germany. After he studied Aviation and Space Technology in Munich, he worked as Captain and Squadroon Commander at the German Air Defence Artillery. After that, he was chief of the 'Core-Competence Composites' and head of the section 'Strength Powerplant System? at Rolls-Royce in Germany. Professor Jorg Wellnitz has authored numerous peerreviewed articles and books.
- Author(s)Agata Godula-Jopek,Joerg Wellnitz,Walter Jehle
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication12/09/2012
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight652 g
- Width172 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.