All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA reference for students, researchers, and environmental professionals, Hydrogeological Conceptual Site Models: Data Analysis and Visualization explains how to develop effective conceptual site models, perform advanced spatial data analysis, and generate informative graphics for applications in hydrogeology and groundwater remediation. Written by expert practitioners, this full-color book illustrates how fundamental hydrogeological concepts are translated into quantitative, high-resolution computer visualizations. In addition, the authors discuss topics t typically covered in conventional textbooks, including GIS techlogy and the relationship between conceptual site models and environmental policy. Advanced Methods for Data Analysis and Visualization Featuring more than 500 color illustrations, this unique and visually powerful book outlines the required elements of a conceptual site model and provides numerous examples of supporting charts, cross-sections, maps, and 3D graphics. The authors describe advanced analytical methods such as geospatial processing, kriging, and groundwater modeling through practical real-life examples. They also present numerous case studies in groundwater supply and remediation to help explain key engineering design concepts. Data-Driven Assessments of Groundwater Management Policy The authors tackle controversial topics, ranging from technical impracticability of groundwater remediation to sustainable management of groundwater resources. They encourage discussion and independent thought about how current environmental policies and practices can evolve to achieve better outcomes at less cost to society. Practical Strategies for Communicating Your Findings to the General Public While the book is technical in nature, equations and advanced theory are kept to a minimum. The text focuses on practical strategies to help you create easy-to-understand data tables, graphs, maps, and illustrations for technical and ntechnical audiences alike. A companion DVD includes animations, reference material, modeling software, and more.
- Author BiographyNeven Kresic, PhD, is a hydrogeology practice leader at AMEC Environment and Infrastructure, Inc., an international engineering and consulting firm. He is a professional geologist and professional hydrogeologist working for a variety of national and international clients, including industry, mining, water utilities, government agencies, and environmental law firms. He serves on the management committee of the Groundwater Management and Restoration Specialty Group of the International Water Association, co-chairs the karst commission of the International Association of Hydrogeologists, and is a past vice president for international affairs of the American Institute of Hydrology. Alex Mikszewski is a licensed professional environmental engineer in Massachusetts, where he works for Woodard & Curran, Inc. He holds a bachelor's degree in civil and environmental engineering from Cornell University and a master's in environmental engineering and science from The Johns Hopkins University. As a consultant, he has developed variably saturated groundwater models for clients in the public and private sectors and conducted geostatistical evaluations of hydrogeological data for remediation and water resources applications. Alex has hands-on experience with a variety of remedial technologies, including in situ chemical oxidation, soil vapor extraction, in situ thermal remediation, monitored natural attenuation, and pump and treat.
- Author(s)Alex Mikszewski,Neven Kresic
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication16/07/2012
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note509 colour illustrations, 7 black & white tables
- Weight1428 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.