All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionHydrology in Practice is an excellent and very successful introductory text for engineering hydrology students who go on to be practitioners in consultancies, the Environment Agency, and elsewhere. This fourth edition of Hydrology in Practice, while retaining all that is excellent about its predecessor, by Elizabeth M. Shaw, replaces the material on the Flood Studies Report with an equivalent section on the methods of the Flood Estimation Handbook and its revisions. Other completely revised sections on instrumentation and modelling reflect the many changes that have occurred over recent years. The updated text has taken advantage of the extensive practical experience of the staff of JBA Consulting who use the methods described on a day-to-day basis. Topical case studies further enhance the text and the way in which students at undergraduate and MSc level can relate to it. The fourth edition will also have a wider appeal outside the UK by including new material on hydrological processes, which also relate to courses in geography and environmental science departments. In this respect the book draws on the expertise of Keith J. Beven and Nick A. Chappell, who have extensive experience of field hydrological studies in a variety of different environments, and have taught undergraduate hydrology courses for many years. Second- and final-year undergraduate (and MSc) students of hydrology in engineering, environmental science, and geography departments across the globe, as well as professionals in environmental protection agencies and consultancies, will find this book invaluable. It is likely to be the course text for every undergraduate/MSc hydrology course in the UK and in many cases overseas too.
- Author BiographyElizabeth M. Shaw is now retired but has worked as a lecturer at universities in the UK and Australia, as well as having practised as a hydrologist. Keith J. Beven and Nick A. Chappell are in the Lancaster Environment Centre at the University of Lancaster, UK. Rob Lamb is a consultant with JBA Consulting.
- Author(s)Elizabeth M. Shaw,Keith J. Beven,Nick A. Chappell,Rob Lamb
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/07/2010
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note70 black & white tables, 50 black & white halftones, 208 black & white line drawings
- Weight966 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.