All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis timely book reviews the hydrological aspects of different types of disaster and considers measures required to protect people and property against such events as well as disaster prediction, forecasting and monitoring. Its publications coincide with the start of the United Nations Decade for Natural Disaster Reduction. It comprises twenty-seven papers by experts from a wide range of countries and organizations presented at the Technical Conference convened by the World Meteorological Organization in Geneva in November 1988. The contributions are grouped into five sections covering hydrological problems of extreme floods and droughts, consequences of accidental water pollution, hydrological problems of dam and levee rupture, hydrological consequences of volcanic eruptions and hydrological consequences of earthquakes, landslides and avalanches. By drawing together work on a wide range of hydrological problems, this book is a valuable reference source for all scientist, engineers and policy- makers whose work touches on this diverse field.
- Author BiographyDr O Starosolszky is the President of the WMO Commission for Hydrology. Mr O Melder is a scientific officer with the WMO.
- Author(s)O. M. Melder,O. Starosolszky
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/1989
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJames & James (Science Publishers) Ltd
- Content Notetables, graphs, line drawings, index
- Weight657 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.