Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $40.69Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $90.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHydroponics offers many advantages to traditional soil-based horticulture. These include greater control over many of the limiting factors, such as light, temperature, and pests, as well as the ability to grow plants in all seasons. With instruction from one of the top recognized authorities worldwide, Hydroponics for the Home Grower gives you step-by-step guidance on how to grow tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, eggplant, lettuce, arugula, bok choy, and various herbs year-round within your home or in a backyard greenhouse. Read an Interview with Dr. Resh here With Dr. Howard Resh's help, you'll learn: * Background information on how hydroponics evolved * The nutritional and environmental demands of plants and how to control these factors * How to provide formulations of nutrients optimal to the plants you wish to grow * The many different hydroponic systems you can purchase or build for yourself * Designs for different types of greenhouses with components to fit your personal taste and budget * Crop selection and step-by-step procedures, including seeding, transplanting, training, pest and disease control, and harvesting-along with when to plant and when to change crops * How you can grow microgreens on your kitchen counter The book includes an appendix with sources of seeds and other supplies, along with helpful websites and lists of books, articles, and conferences on growing hydroponically and caring for your crops. By following the guidelines in this book, you'll understand everything you need to kw to get your home-growing operation up and running in time.
- Author BiographyHoward M. Resh has a doctorate degree in horticulture and is a recognized authority worldwide on hydroponics. He has written five books on hydroponic culture for both commercial and hobby growers and his website (www.howardresh.com) presents information on hydroponic cultures of various vegetable crops. Dr. Resh is the hydroponic greenhouse farm manager for the first hydroponic farm associated with a high-end resort-CuisinArt Golf Resort and Spa in Anguilla, British West Indies. He is a consultant for many unique hydroponic greenhouse operations, including Lufa Farms in Montreal, Canada.
- Author(s)Howard M. Resh
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication31/03/2015
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note205 black & white illustrations, 7 black & white tables
- Weight589 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.