All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEarth is the water planet, but only a tiny amount of the planet's water is fresh and usable, and water pollution has become a monumental dilemma as we enter the 21st century. Though developed nations w regulate some pollutants and as a result their waterways are cleaner, new chemicals are increasingly being released into the environment, resulting in a toxic soup that may be causing cancers, development problems, and other concerns in people and wildlife. And besides pollution, overfishing and engineering projects are destroying freshwater ecosystems. Hydrosphere is a concise examination of the pressing issues affecting our water supply. This potently written and illustrated new book explains how society needs to adopt a precautionary principle in water matters by better understanding the consequences of their actions before, t after, those actions occur.
- Author(s)Dana Desonie
- PublisherChelsea House Publishers
- Date of Publication15/02/2008
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Social Sciences
- Series TitleOur Fragile Planet
- Place of PublicationBroomall
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChelsea House Publishers
- Content NoteIllustrations (chiefly col.), maps
- Weight658 g
- Width187 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.