Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $12.00+ AU $11.75 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by cathbooks64
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $29.94+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of Vikas Khanna's favourite places in the world was the garden he and his grandmother planted in their home in Amritsar. It was his very own corner of paradise. Vikas still remembers the thrill of rushing home from school to tend to the aromatic basil, mint, tomatoes and lemons. The garden had a profound effect on the boy who would grow up to become a world-rewned Michelin Star chef. In Hymns from the Soil: A Vegetarian Saga, Vikas Khanna writes about the lessons he's learnt from Mother Nature. How the bountiful gifts of changing seasons inspired him to cook; how it taught him to combine flavours and design recipes. Vegetarianism has always been integral to Indian culture and it has become the preferred way of life the world over. In this book, vegetables are the star ingredients. The recipes showcase their natural goodness and hidden complexities. They burst with flavour and colour and retain all their nutritious value. The recipes are flexible, allowing you to substitute the ingredients quite easily, and are guaranteed to put a smile on your face as you prepare these wholesome, comforting meals for all occasions. Vikas brings together traditional time-tested recipes, handed down over generations, and conjures up exciting new ones. There are recipes that will surprise you and those that even children will love. Hymns of the Soil will take you back to your roots as you travel down memory lane with Chef Vikas Khanna. It will inspire you and remind you of the joy of cooking-and savouring-the flavours you most cherish.
- Author BiographyVikas Khanna is an award winning Michelin Star Indian chef, restaurateur, food writer, filmmaker, humanitarian and the host of MasterChef India, Junior MasterChef India and Twist of Taste on FOX Traveller. Vikas was raised in Amritsar, India where he grew up surrounded by large family feasts, and seasonal produce fresh from the fields of Punjab, and of course, his Grandmother's traditional home cooking, which became the foundation of his cooking career. He started his own banquet and catering business, Lawrence Gardens, and then later went on to graduate from the Welcomgroup Graduate of Hotel Administration, Manipal and also studied at Le Cordon Bleu, Paris. Vikas is a firm supporter of sustainable farming and focused on cooking with produce from local farms of New York. Vikas has received the prestigious Michelin Star for his restaurant Junoon for three consecutive years now. He was honored with the Rising Star Chef Award by Star Chefs for his role in shaping the future of American Cuisine. He has received several international awards for his books. He lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Vikas Khanna
- Date of Publication06/11/2014
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Country of PublicationIndia
- Weight2044 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $5.79New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.