All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores a world where the boundaries between reality and representation have become blurred, a world where LA Law is used to train lawyers. Drawing on examples from around the globe, Nick Perry presents a fascinating and entertaining analysis of both familiar objects and situations as well as the more unusual and absurd. Meals served in British pubs, motor-cycle gangs in downtown Tokyo, Australian movies, are just some examples used by the author in his engaging exploration of modern sense of the 'unreal'. Hyperrealities also engages with well kwn theorists of contemporary culture, from Baudrillard and Umberto Eco to Jameson and Sartre.
- Author(s)Nicholas Perry
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/05/1998
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Series TitleSocial Futures
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteillustrations port.
- Weight340 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.