All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDr. David R. Patterson demonstrates this helpful therapeutic technique. Hypsis is a powerful tool for helping clients to access personal resources to assist them in controlling pain. Although hypsis can be used with chronic pain, in this context it is typically best used over a number of sessions in conjunction with psychotherapy. On the other hand, hypsis for acute pain-typically from medical procedures such as surgery, trauma, or child birth-may be beneficial even if used in a single session. In this session, Dr. Patterson works with a woman with a rare form of cancer who has a tumor on her spine that causes burning, stabbing pain, interfering with her sleep. Dr. Patterson first educates the client about hypsis, then takes her through an induction that gives her access to internal resources that help her to feel less pain and greater comfort.
- Author(s)David R. Patterson
- PublisherAmerican Psychological Association
- Date of Publication15/04/2008
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleBehavioral Health and Health Counseling APA Psychotherapy Video Series
- Place of PublicationWashington DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Psychological Association
- Weight92 g
- Running Time100
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.