All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis popular book introduces the subject of hypsis and explores its application in counselling, psychotherapy, medicine and dentistry. Now thoroughly revised and updated with cutting edge research, including neuro-imaging studies and evidence-based clinical reports, it offers a wealth of new material: A new chapter on hyptherapy and eating disorders An overview of theoretical understanding of hypsis based on recent scientific evidence A variety of therapeutic techniques that may be tailored to individual clients Advice on how hyptherapeutic procedures may be used alongside a broad range of psychotherapeutic approaches Case studies and treatment plans from the authors' own practices Hyptherapy: A Handbook, 2nd edition is an invaluable resource for practitioners looking for advice, kwledge and ideas with which to inform their clinical practice. The book will prove useful to counsellors, psychotherapists, hyptherapists and psychologists, both qualified and in training, as well medical and dental practitioners. Contributors: David A Alexander, Assen Alladin, Barry B Hart, Chrissi Hart, Peter Hawkins, Michael Heap, Elisabeth Kohls, Debbie Mairs-Houghton, Peter Naish, Cath Potter, Ferenc Tury and Ann Williamson. With thanks to Windy Dryden, co-editor of the first edition of Hyptherapy: A Handbook (Open University Press, 1991).
- Author BiographyMichael Heap is a clinical and forensic psychologist with over forty years of experience working both with people with mental health and neurological problems and with criminal offenders. He is an internationally recognised authority on hypnosis and has taught and published widely on the subject.
- Author(s)Michael Heap
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2012
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1 g
- Width60 mm
- Height90 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.