All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHypsis for pain management is t a newly invented therapy or clinical application, but in fact has been employed with great success for more than two centuries. The use of hypsis as a tool for relieving pain is t experimental - it is in fact tried, true, and proven. This book focuses on your role in being your own healer and looks at ways to improve your relationship with yourself. It will help you explore a wide range of hyptic and self- hypsis techniques for helping you to improve your ability to cope with and manage discomfort so that you can live more comfortably. You will learn how to: use self-hypsis to relieve your pain; tap into your own innate ability to control pain; interrupt your body's chronic pain loop; choose the method of self-hypsis best suited to you; and, use a variety of powerful tools to reduce or eliminate your pain w!When you've had pain that hasn't responded to treatment for a long time, it's natural to become disillusioned and expect thing to work.This book provides a fresh look at the problem of managing persistent, physical pain using the tool of self-hypsis, and this new approach comes from an experienced hypsis clinician and clinical psychologist who is a pain sufferer himself. It includes a free pain relief audio CD. The author leads the listener through a series of mindful exercises that teach gentle and safe ways to manage and relieve chronic pain. It is designed to expand and improve your ability to control and cope with pain and diminish suffering with repeated listening to the CD over a period of days. The informative and pleasant suggestions are easy to follow, and the soothing and relaxing background music helps to further your experience of relaxation and comfort.
- Author BiographyBruce N. Eimer, Ph.D., A.B.P.P., is a licensed clinical psychologist in Philadelphia with more than twenty years of experience treating people with chronic pain using cognitive-behavioral and hypnosis strategies. Dr. Eimer is a Board Certified Diplomate of the American Board of Professional Psychology in the specialty of Cognitive-Behavioral Psychology, a Fellow of the American Society of Clinical Hypnosis, and an Approved Consultant in Clinical Hypnosis. He also holds board certifications in pain management, medical psychotherapy, and vocational neuropsychology. He is a member of the Society for Psychological Hypnosis of the American Psychological Association and the Society for Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis. Dr. Eimer is a chronic pain survivor and has used self-hypnosis techniques to manage his own chronic pain.
- Author(s)Bruce N. Elmer
- PublisherCrown House Publishing
- Date of Publication15/04/2008
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationCarmarthen
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCrown House Publishing
- Weight454 g
- Width228 mm
- Height153 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Contained items statementContains CD-Audio and Paperback
- Edition Statement2nd edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.