All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionI Am Ari is a short, encouraging, children's book for young children living with Type 1 Diabetes or any child interested in learning more about the disease and what kids living with diabetes go through. This story is suitable for children as young as preschoolers to around 1st-2nd Graders, is an easy to read book, has several pictures/images (one on nearly every page) to keep younger children's interest, and large font for younger age groups to easily see and read. The story is told through the perspective of my 8-year-old daughter with diabetes, Ari. The main objective is to help encourage children living with Type 1 Diabetes realize that this disease may change their life in some aspects, however, it doesn't change who they are as a person, what they can do, or prevent them from aspiring to reach for their dreams in the future. There are several pictures throughout the book of my daughter. This is to allow the reader to see an actual person with diabetes, close to their own age, and so that they can relate with the main character and t feel so alone in dealing with this disease. The book also briefly describes what Type 1 Diabetes is and how it's managed. This shows the reader what children who have this disease go through every day. This would be a great introductory resource for any child who isn't diabetic but wants a better understanding of what the disease is and what kids with diabetes go through. I hope that your family enjoys this book and it can help your child in one way or ather, and if so, be on the look out for more I Am Ari titles in the near future. 100% OF THE PROCEEDS FROM THIS BOOK AND ALL FUTURE I AM ARI BOOKS WILL BE GOING TOWARDS THE PURCHASE OF A DIABETES ALERT DOG FOR MISS ARI, SO REST ASSURED THAT YOUR PURCHASE IS ALSO GOING TOWARDS A GREAT CAUSE!!!! For more information on Diabetes Alert Dogs, comments, upcoming books, or suggestions feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Author BiographyI am blessed with two beautiful children, one of which is a Type 1 Diabetic, Ari, who is my inspiration in writing the I Am Ari book series. I personally advocate for Type 1 Diabetes research and education (I take every opportunity to teach others about this disease, because as they say knowledge is power and unfortunately the general public knows little to nothing about this rarer form of diabetes), and I am also in the process of fundraising for a diabetes alert service dog for my daughter. The reason that I am primarily writing about Type 1 Diabetes is because I really want to help other families out there dealing with this difficult disease. In the near future I plan on expanding my writing collection to include advice books for parents just starting this life-long journey, a book about our family's personal journey, and possibly a book about Type 1 Diabetes for people without the disease. Any maybe, in the not so near future, expanding to works of fiction, but for now I want to focus my writing to helping others.
- Author(s)Davina Smith
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication17/08/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight54 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.