All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the Nebula Award winning author of Way Station Ten stories including one never before published of mystery and imagination in a world that cant be. People work; folk play. That is how it has been in this country for as long as Sam can remember. He is happy, and he understands that this is the way it should be. People are bigger than folk. They are stronger. They do t need food or water. They do t need the warmth of a fire. All they need are jobs to do and a blacksmith to fix them when they break. The people work so the folk can drink their moonshine, fish a little, and throw horseshoes. But once Sam starts to wonder why the world is like this, his life will never be the same. Along with the other stories in this collection, I Am Crying All Inside is a compact marvel a picture of an impossible reality that is t so different from our own. Also included in this volume is the newly published I Had No Head and My Eyes Were Floating Way Up in the Air, originally written for Harlan Ellison sThe Last Dangerous Visions.Each story includes an introduction by David W. Wixon, literary executor of the Clifford D. Simak estate and editor of this ebook.
- Author BiographyDuring his fifty-five-year career, Clifford D. Simak produced some of the most iconic science fiction stories ever written. Born in 1904 on a farm in southwestern Wisconsin, Simak got a job at a small-town newspaper in 1929 and eventually became news editor of theMinneapolis Star-Tribune, writing fiction in his spare time. Simak was best known for the bookCity, a reaction to the horrors of World War II, and for his novelWay Station.In 1953Citywas awarded the International Fantasy Award, and in following years, Simak won three Hugo Awards and a Nebula Award. In 1977 he became the third Grand Master of the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America, and before his death in 1988, he was named one of three inaugural winners of the Horror Writers Association s Bram Stoker Award for Lifetime Achievement.
- Author(s)Clifford D Simak
- PublisherOpen Road Media Science & Fantasy
- Date of Publication20/10/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleComplete Short Fiction of Clifford D. Simak
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOpen Road Media Science & Fantasy
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width132 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Introduction byDavid W Wixon
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $23.66Trending at AU $33.42
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.