All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this breathtaking historical vel by the acclaimed author of the bestselling Frida, Barbara Mujica reimagines the dramatic life and loves of the Baroque Spanish painter Diego Velazquez. Narrated by the mysterious model who posed for The Toilet of Venus, his only surviving female nude, I Am Venus is the riveting account of a great artist s rise to prominence, set against the backdrop of political turmoil and romantic scandal.
- Author BiographyBarbara Mujica is a novelist, short story writer, critic, professor of Spanish at Georgetown University, and a contributor to many publications, such as The New York Times and the Los Angeles Times. A two-time nominee for the Pushcart Prize and winner of the E. L. Doctorow International Fiction Competition, she is the author of the novels The Deaths of Don Bernardo, Frida, and Sister Teresa. In 2012, I Am Venus was a winner of the Maryland Writers Association competition in the historical fiction category. Mujica lives in Washington, D.C.
- Author(s)Barbara Mujica
- PublisherOverlook Press
- Date of Publication13/06/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOverlook Press
- Weight431 g
- Width147 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.81
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $59.41
- AU $21.81Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.19
- AU $20.01Trending at AU $20.66
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $40.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.