All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionI Betcha Didn't See That Comin is about a woman who in the prime of her life, survived adversity and despair. When she was diagsed with stage II Breast Cancer and then two years later while she was still going through cancer treatment, her husband was diagsed with Stage III, terminal lung cancer and given only six months to a year to live. They both had to learn how to live with physical limitations and prepare for death. If that wasn't eugh she had just begun obtaining her college degree eight months prior to her diagsis and started a new job. Sharing the despondent news with their children, family and friends while keeping her head up was easy task. While she turned to her faith to get her through multiple surgeries, chemo and radiation, her husband turned to drugs prescribed by his many doctors. In the end, she learns that the strongest cure is t in the medications or the doctors but in the faith that pushes her beyond what she can see. I think of this vel as 'Chick-Lit with Bite' -- -- as it is filled with humor, information, guidance, tension, and insight utilizing my witty, lightly sarcastic, first person point-of-view. It will appeal to patients of any illness, care-givers, as well as families facing inevitable circumstances as well as those who enjoy a good story, a good laugh, a few tears, and a happy ending.
- Author BiographyTammy Washington (born May 1965) with the help of her husband, family and friends is an African American entrepreneur, author and breast cancer Over-comer. She was born in the inner city in an area notorious for violent crime and poverty. When Tammy discovered a lump in her breast in 2006, God had already warned her it was cancer. She knew, before the diagnosis, that she had a work to do for the Lord. A vivacious woman to full of life to be cheated by death not only survived but thrived in the face of cancer and adversity. She has been cancer free for five + years! Her jaw-dropping, honest humor draws people in to want to hear her victorious story. Her tenacity and refusal to be defined by science will inspire others to step outside of their comfort zone and advocate for life!
- Author(s)Tammy R Washington
- Date of Publication19/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight313 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $3.54Trending at AU $7.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.