I Can Problem Solve [ICPS], Preschool: An Interpersonal Cognitive Problem-Solving Program by Myrna B. Shure (Paperback, 1992)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $64.59Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $59.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe award-winning, evidence-based violence prevention and intervention program for children. I Can Problem Solve (ICPS) is a universal school-based program designed to enhance the interpersonal cognitive processes and problem-solving skills of children in preschool through grade 6. Developed by Myrna B. Shure for three age groups and supported by 25 years of meticulous research, ICPS is proven to prevent and reduce early high-risk behaviors such as impulsivity and social withdrawal and to promote prosocial behaviors such as concern for others and positive peer relationships. ICPS for Preschool : Structured Lessons: A total of 59 lessons, each with an easy-to-follow teacher script, guide children's learning of essential ICPS vocabulary and concepts and problem-solving skills (alternative solutions, consequences, solution-consequence pairs). Interaction in the Classroom: Teachers and students learn a whole new way to communicate, using ICPS dialoging, a special technique of problem-solving talk. The result is an improved classroom climate with less conflict and more cooperation. Integration into the Curriculum: Children practice ICPS problem-solving concepts as they work on math, reading, science, social studies, and other academic subjects. Parent Pages: Parents learn to use ICPS skills to improve family interaction and generalize children's learning. Lessons speak to children on their own level, using games, stories, puppets, illustrations, and role-plays. A key program principle is that the child, t the teacher, must solve the problem at hand. In other words, ICPS teaches children how to think, t what to think.
- Author BiographyDr Myrna B. Shure , PhD, is a developmental psychologist at Drexel University in Philadelphia, USA and the creator of the I Can Problem Solve (ICPS) program--an evidence-based school-based social and emotional learning/violence prevention program published by Research Press. ICPS has been recognized for research and service by numerous national organizations, including the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP), and the Center for the Study of Prevention of Violence. Dr. Shure is also author of the Raising a Thinking Child Workbook , an ICPS program for families also published by Research Press. She has been recognized by the American Psychological Association's Psychology Matters initiative for her outstanding research relating to schools and families resulting in valuable applications that make a difference in people's lives. Her books for parents, Raising a Thinking Child and Raising a Thinking Preteen , are both Parent Choice Award winners. Dr. Shure offers workshops nationwide and is also a media consultant on issues of mental health in our nation's youth.
- Author(s)Myrna B. Shure
- PublisherResearch Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication31/08/1992
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationIL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintResearch Press Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Edition Statement2nd
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.26New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.75New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.84
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.87
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.21
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $60.98Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.