Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.87
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $23.77Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
About this product
- DescriptionI, Claudia: Women in Ancient Rome-an exhibition and catalog produced by the Yale University Art Gallery-provided the first comprehensive study of the lives of Roman women as revealed in Roman art. Responding to the popular success of the exhibit and catalog, Diana E. E. Kleiner and Susan B. Matheson here gather ten additional essays by specialists in art history, history, and papyrology to offer further reflections on women in Roman society based on the material evidence provided by art, archaeology, and ancient literary sources. In addition to the editors, the contributors are Cornelius C. Vermeule, Rolf Winkes, Mary T. Boatwright, Susan Wood, Eve D'Ambra, Andrew Oliver, Diana Delia, and Ann Ellis Hanson. Their essays, illustrated with black-and-white photos of the art under discussion, treat such themes as mothers and sons, marriage and widowhood, aging, adornment, imperial portraiture, and patronage.
- Author BiographyDiana E. E. Kleiner is Deputy Provost for the Arts and Dunham Professor of Classics and History of Art at Yale University. Susan B. Matheson is the Molly and Walter Bareiss Curator of Ancient Art at the Yale University Art Gallery.
- Author(s)Yale University Art Gallery
- PublisherUniversity of Texas Press
- Date of Publication25/06/2000
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationAustin, TX
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Texas Press
- Content Note78 b&w illus., 5 line drawings
- Weight636 g
- Width219 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byDiana E. E. Kleiner,Diana Kleiner,Susan B. Matheson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.