All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYou have cancer. What in your life happened to bring on the illness. Family members experienced cancer, suicide, murder, rape, molestation and constant stress. Life is dangerous to your health.
- Author BiographyI was told on my 50th birthday that I have cancer. Before that it was just a dull possibility and probable mistake. You see; I had been to at least seven doctors in the same amount of years. Your blood tests came back okay; your blood pressure is fine; your urine is fine; your pap smear is okay, and your mammogram shows some fibrous tissues, which you already know about. You are just fine, said doctor #1-6. Why does my stomach and uterus hurt so much then? I said. Why am I so tired and how come when I get a cold or anything, it lasts three months? How old are you? asked Dr. 1992. Forty Two I said, knowing full well he had my file right under his nose. You may be in the peri-menopausal stage of your life. Take an anti-inflammatory medication from over the counter, I'm sure you'll get relief from that. Thank you doctor, I said, as I left his office; thanks for nothing. The drive home from office visit #1 through office visit #6 was always the same. Anger ruled the gas pedal as tears streamed down my face. I had to get home and make supper. By the time I was doing the dishes, my life had moved forward into another time. As soon as I stopped menstruating, I would be a pain free, middle-aged woman with a mustache. That was to be my comfort. But I knew there was something else that was very wrong. No one took me seriously until...
- Author(s)Sharon Parenteau
- PublisherTrafford Publishing
- Date of Publication16/10/2006
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationVictoria
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTrafford Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight512 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.19Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $3.54Trending at AU $7.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.