All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMinnesota sports legend Bud Grant tells the story of his remarkable life as a player and coach in this rich firsthand account. From surviving polio in childhood to a shining college sports career and playing both basketball and football professionally, and from coaching a championship-winning Canadian team to leading the Minnesota Vikings to four Super Bowls, Grant shares his personal perspective for the first time in this autobiography with entertaining detail and refreshing openness. The book recounts his experiences with star players and gives the inside story on Grant's controversial retirement in 1983 and his return to the sideline in 1985. Minnesota sports lovers will also enjoy Grant's reflection on his own idiosyncrasies, including his famous love of cold-weather football and banning of sideline heaters, and his postretirement life spent devoted to environmental protection and being an outdoorsman.
- Author BiographyBud Grant is a retired Minnesota Vikings coach who led the team for 18 seasons and to four Super Bowls and 11 division titles. One of the most successful coaches in the history of the Canadian Football League, Grant coached the Winnipeg Blue Bombers to four Grey Cup championships in 10 seasons. He is also a former player in both the National Basketball Association and the National Football League. He lives in Bloomington, Minnesota. Jim Bruton is the author of The Big House: Life Inside a Supermax Security Prison, Gopher Glory: The Pride of the Maroon and Gold, A Tradition of Purple: An Inside Look at the Minnesota Vikings, Vikings 50, and We Love Our Twins and the coauthor of Every Day Is Game Day and A Passion to Win. He is a former football player for the Minnesota Vikings and the University of Minnesota Golden Gophers. He lives in White Bear Lake, Minnesota. Sid Hartman is one of the most recognizable sports figures in the history of the Twin Cities. His first column appeared in the Minneapolis Daily Times in 1945 and he has been a sports announcer at WCCO Radio since 1955. He lives in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Fran Tarkenton is a former NFL quarterback who played for the Minnesota Vikings and the New York Giants. He is a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the College Football Hall of Fame and is recognized as one of the greatest players of all time. He lives in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Author(s)Bud Grant,Jim Bruton
- PublisherTriumph Books (IL)
- Date of Publication01/09/2013
- SubjectAutobiography: Sport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTriumph Books (IL)
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight608 g
- Width161 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Introduction byFran Tarkenton
- Foreword bySid Hartman
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.