Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a challenging and controversial book, by Chris Hedges, which examines and critiques the dangerous creed of the 'New Atheists' belief system.Chris Hedges exposes the central pillars of the New Atheist belief system, including a binary world view ( us-v-them ), a deep intolerance of others' ways of being, a belief that the West has a right to military domination of the rest of the world and a naive acceptance that all human issues (including the spiritual) can be addressed by science.This book challenges us to reject simplistic utopian visions and face reality, however difficult. It is 'a call to accept the ineluctable limitations of being human'.
- Author BiographyChris Hedges spent nearly two decades as a foreign correspondent reporting from more than fifty countries. Part of the New York Times team that won the 2002 Pulitzer Prize for the paper's coverage of global terrorism, he has taught at Princeton and Columbia Universities and is the best-selling author of American Fascists, War is a Force That Gives Us Meaning and Losing Moses on the Freeway: The 10 Commandments in America.
- Author(s)Chris Hedges
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication28/08/2008
- SubjectAlternative Belief Systems
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
Most relevant reviews
- anthrobcann01 Mar, 2016by
A fantastic book to read. Helps to provide clarity on a difficult subject.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.