All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is for those who have chosen to go to college and currently find themselves unemployed and trapped. So you ask, how can you get through all of this without defaulting on your student loan? The next few pages will present a sobering look at what some of our college kids have to look forward to, and hopefully provide them with some viable options.
- Author BiographyDr. Mansur is a renowned educator and consultant. After many years of matrimony and child-rearing she returned to school after a twenty-six year hiatus. Subsequently, she received her Masters and Doctorate degree in the field of education. She is a dedicated parent, strategist and educator. She believes that all stakeholders, specifically, parents, teachers, and community members must play an active role in the success of our children. She is a licensed teacher and certified administrator. She considers herself a life-long learner. She advocates the establishment of viable partnerships between schools and community. This, in her estimation, is the key component to student academic achievement. She had the role of head mistress in an independent institution in Brooklyn, New York in the late 70's and early 80's. She then proceeded to work in Paterson, New Jersey as a teacher; while pursuing her Masters in Urban Education, with certification in Supervision and Administration. She continued to work in Paterson in the late 90's as a literacy advisor while pursuing her doctorate in Educational Leadership. In 1999 she founded Educator's Network Inc. a community based 501(C)(3) non-profit organization located in Englewood, New Jersey; of which she is Executive Director. It is from this platform that she continues to advocate the significance of creating partnerships between teachers and parents. She promotes the presence of a seamless connection between schools and community. This, she insists, is necessary in order for our children to succeed. A collaborative system must prevail during school, after school and in the home environment. Again, all stakeholders must be involved in the process. She lectures at various establishments; including, professional clubs, schools and faith-based organizations. She also conducts staff development sessions and parenting workshops, in order to encourage teacher efficacy and parental involvement. She felt the need to write this book to assist with so many students who have graduated, without a game-plan.
- Author(s)Dr Fatima Mansur
- Date of Publication08/08/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight64 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.