Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $36.74Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $42.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFascinating stories from a perspective of a precocious and sensitive girl growing up during a historical and momentous time - the rebirth and rise of a nation. Threats looming everywhere: Arab neighbors, the hardship of nature as war refugees are making their home in the uncultivated promised land, Israel. Farm life with its unique toils and delights, forbidden young love among foes, bliss and abysmal gloom, laughter and tears, reality meets fantasy and valuable life lessons are interwoven into this stormy, tumultuous and tragic-comic family drama. I Hate to Say Goodbye (based on a true story) takes place in Israel during the 50's and the 60's. In this humane and spiritual journey Ruti Yudovich passionately and vividly shares her insights she calls: Moments of Deepness.
- Author BiographyRuti Yudovich is the third and youngest child of Jewish-Russian parents. She was born in the city of Tel-Aviv in 1953 but grew up on a kibbutz and farming villages. She spent seven adventurous and memorable years in Hayogev--a farming village near the Jordanian border. Those seven years were magical: she was free to go anywhere, using her own judgment where to go and what to do. During that time, Miss Yudovich had the opportunity to learn about life by exploring her environment; from farm animals, birds, to plants, trees and flowers experiencing them by touching, smelling, eating, climbing, communicating and even singing to them. She learned that by immersing oneself in the environment without fear or apprehension makes for a joyful life. She was very fortunate to grow up in a musical family and was especially fond of her uncle Avroom, to whom she owes her deepest gratitude for bringing forth her love for singing and music: A world without music is a dead world; with music we can build bridges among nations in conflict; bring people together, she says with a bright smile. In 1963, to her regret, her family moves to the city, Rishon Lezion, where she spends her teen-age years. Ruti is a graduate of the Ben Gurion University with a BA in Geography and Education. After a tragic event in 1980, she moved to the United States and Continued her educational path teaching at the University of Judaism, followed by a long held position at a one of the largest Jewish temple in the USA. Currently she is a tutor, lecturer and personal consultant. Ruti was always an avid reader. She especially loved stories that appeared simple but held within their pages were deep and inspiring messages. She dreamed of writing children books with deep philosophical messages and for that reason she began writing in 2007; it started with vignettes from her childhood. The children book she wanted to write evolved into this, I Hate to Say Goodbye--a timeless tale, enjoyed by the young and adult alike. She says. Ruti Yudovich believes that man is basically good; that children should be treated like adults with respect and love; that one should be free to express one's thoughts without fear and that there is so much beauty in this world; all one has to do is look for it and he'll find it.
- Author(s)Ruti Yudovich
- Date of Publication22/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight531 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.26New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.75New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.84
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.87
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $60.98Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.