All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGrace Nichols' poetry has a gritty lyricism that addresses the transatlantic connections central to the Caribbean-British experience. Her work brings a mythic awareness and a sensuous musicality that is at the same time disquieting. Born and educated in Guyana, Grace Nichols moved to Britain in 1977. I Have Crossed an Ocean is a comprehensive selection spanning some 25 years of her writing.
- Author BiographyBorn in Guyana, Grace Nichols has lived in Britain since 1977. Her first collection, I is a Long Memoried Woman (1983) won the Commonwealth Poetry Prize. Her later poetry collections - published by Virago - include The Fat Black Woman's Poems (1984), Lazy Thoughts of a Lazy Woman (1989), Sunris (1996), winner of the Guyana Prize, and Startling the Flying Fish (2006), poems which tell the story of the Caribbean, along with numerous poetry books for younger readers, including Come on into My Tropical Garden (1988), Give Yourself a Hug (1994) and Everybody Got a Gift (2005). She has published two books with Bloodaxe, her latest collection, Picasso, I Want My Face Back (2009), and I Have Crossed an Ocean: Selected Poems (2010), published on the occasion of her 60th birthday. She lives in Sussex with the poet John Agard and their family.
- Author(s)Grace Nichols
- PublisherBloodaxe Books Ltd
- Date of Publication31/05/2010
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationTyne and Wear
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloodaxe Books Ltd
- Weight295 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.