All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is based on oral history recordings that Miriam Garvil made with me in 1993-1994. She is w 91 years old and eager to have it published in a book. It's the story of her life beginning with her childhood in Poland, surviving the holocaust in three concentration camps, and then living with her husband and son in New York and Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- Author BiographyMiriam Garvil was born in Lodz, Poland on May 23, 1921. In 1938, she and her family were forced to leave Lodz to escape the Nazis. At age 18, she jumped from a train that brought her mother and sister to their deaths. She managed to survive through three concentration camps until liberation by the British at Bergen Belsen in 1945. She married her husband, Julian, in Paris. They later moved to New York with their young son and then in 1977 the moved to Ann Arbor, Michigan to be close to their son who was working at General Motors. Miriam is still living in Ann Arbor.
- Author(s)Miriam Garvil
- Date of Publication11/01/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight172 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.11Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.01Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.