All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEach face and body in Jessica Yatrofsky's I Heart Girl confronts the clichs of conventional gender stereotypes. The kind of hyper-sexualised images of women we so often see in the media are where to be found; instead, we are given a new picture of what contemporary female culture looks like. The photographs depict young women - naked, clothed, hard-featured, delicate, both alone and in pairs. Some subjects are adorned by tattoos, some have piercings. Together, the subjects repaint the cultural landscape of gender and show an alternative perspective on beauty.
- Author BiographyJessica Yatrofskyis a New York-based photographer and filmmaker. Focusing on body politics, beauty and gender, Yatrofsky's work spans across fine art and fashionphotographyas well as experimentaland documentary film.Her photographic work has been exhibited internationally and is part of thepermanentcollection with theLeslie Lohman Museum in New York City.
- Author(s)Jessica Yatrofsky
- PublisherpowerHouse Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication29/10/2015
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintpowerHouse Books,U.S.
- Content Note1
- Weight676 g
- Width216 mm
- Height266 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.97
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.