All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionEach face and body in Jessica Yatrofsky's I Heart Girl confronts the clichs of conventional gender stereotypes. The kind of hyper-sexualised images of women we so often see in the media are where to be found; instead, we are given a new picture of what contemporary female culture looks like. The photographs depict young women - naked, clothed, hard-featured, delicate, both alone and in pairs. Some subjects are adorned by tattoos, some have piercings. Together, the subjects repaint the cultural landscape of gender and show an alternative perspective on beauty.
- Author BiographyJessica Yatrofsky is a New York-based photographer and filmmaker. Focusing on body politics, beauty and gender, Yatrofsky's work spans across fine art and fashion photography as well as experimental and documentary film. Her photographic work has been exhibited internationally and is part of the permanent collection with the Leslie Lohman Museum in New York City.
- Author(s)Jessica Yatrofsky
- PublisherpowerHouse Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication29/10/2015
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintpowerHouse Books,U.S.
- Content Note1
- Weight676 g
- Width216 mm
- Height266 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.