All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA collection of seven essays, this icoclastic opus sets about challenging some of the most elemental presumptions about the world and our place within it. I Hope I'm Not Alone On This... spans topics from pop culture to haute-cuisine, ecomics to evolution. Harmonizing comedic wit with arresting insight, it provides cerebral essentials in an easy to swallow form. Consider this the 'Flintsone's Vitamin' of philosophy. 'Existential Ornithology' asserts the value of all living species and provides a fresh perspective on our need for conservation. 'E Pluribus Nullus: Homage to and Expansion of DFW's E Unibus Pluram in a Distinctly Wallacian Style' is an update of David Foster Wallace's 'E Unibus Pluram' focusing on pop culture, reality TV, and voyeurism. 'Molecular Gastromy and the Hippocampus' studies the psychological mechanisms behind the food science movement. 'Darwinian Ecomics' examines the evolutionary principles that drive capitalism. 'Kindred Spirits on the Open Road' centers around cycling as it investigates how we form bonds with one ather. 'Thought's About a Thinking Man's Game' offers a critical analysis of the game of tennis, focusing primarily on the unique mental demands of the sport. 'Where's Walden?' imagines what Henry David Thoreau would think of our frenetic 21st century lives. Whether the author is in fact, 'alone, ' remains to be seen. You'll have to read it and decide.
- Author(s)Jon Tancinco
- Date of Publication24/01/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.