All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionThe New Testament's three letters attributed to John have always provided remarkable theological riches for the Christian tradition, including the assertion God is love. Each letter shows how an early Christian author responded to threats against authority by recourse to the correct teachings of the faith and a proper understanding of the relationship between Jesus and God. Together, these letters argue for a bond of unity among believers, based on fidelity to the truth of God.The New Testament Library offers authoritative commentary on every book and major aspect of the New Testament, as well as classic volumes of scholarship. The commentaries in this series provide fresh translations based on the best available ancient manuscripts, offer critical portrayals of the historical world in which the books were created, pay careful attention to their literary design, and present a theologically perceptive exposition of the text.
- Author BiographyJudith M. Lieuis Lady Margaret's Professor of Divinity at the University of Cambridge in England. The current President of the Society of New Testament Studies, she is the author of numerous books on early Christian identity and the Editor of the journal, New Testament Studies.
- Author(s)Ms. Judith Lieu
- PublisherWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication02/09/2008
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleNew Testament Library
- Place of PublicationLouisville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.