All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDan Brooklyn's exotic travel stories and trip reports, filled with heartwarming humanity, palpable atmosphere and sharp satire offer moments of stalgic recognition to travelers, cause for introspection and powerfully enrapturing descriptions of his life and times to anyone appreciating fluent, interpretive and frame-defying contemporary prose. Welcome to the world according to Dan Brooklyn, on the pages of which we'll meet a pickpocketing Cuban transvestite side by side with a spirit-possessed native American warrior and an exiled Tibetan dance-artist, go to a chaos-magical ferry-ride, a Soundgarden gig and a Lakotan sweat lodge and consume cocaine, ayahuasca and Laotian moonshine.
- Author BiographyDan Brooklyn is a North American travel writer who focuses on short stories from wild places around the globe. His fast-paced, minimalist style has been compared to Bukowski and Fante sitting down for hot cocoa and marshmallows. His work has been featured in travel blogs around the world as well as print magazines in Taiwan and the USA.
- Author(s)Dan Brooklyn
- PublisherSOS Media
- Date of Publication22/12/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSOS Media
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight218 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Travel Guides
- AU $15.00New
- AU $12.56New
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $44.70
- AU $40.57Trending at AU $41.69
- AU $21.27Trending at AU $25.43
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $39.00
- AU $53.95Trending at AU $68.79
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $28.52
- AU $55.25Trending at AU $57.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.