All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHe consulted on the period 1970s furniture and interiors for the movie The Ice Storm; for those in the kw, Jim Walrod is an absolute design guru. There are few people with a firmer understanding of the last 75 years of furniture, interior, graphic, industrial design, architecture and where they all meet in popular culture. Jim has three passions: self-discovery at his own pace; a keen attuning to the offbeat; and walking around wherever in the world he is. This book is a fascinating tour inside his head.
- Author BiographyJim Walrod is a self-trained interior designer. He began his creative career at Fiorucci in the mid-1980s, and moved on to open a series of influential furniture stores, including Form and Function, with partners Jack Feldman and Fred Schneider of the B-52s. From there, Walrod has made a career of applying his appreciation and knowledge of furniture and design into the creation of unique commercial and residential spaces. He is considered an expert in the field of 20th and 21st century design and architecture. Andy Spade is a fashion designer who co-founded Kate Spade and Jack Spade. Born in Birmingham, Michigan, he attended Arizona State University, where he met fellow future-fashion designer Katherine Brosnahan. Together, they launched the handbag design company Kate Spade in 1993. The couple married the next year. They created the design company Jack Spade in 1996 to fill the perceived market void for stylish and practical men's accessories, and the company officially launched in 1999. In February of 2009, Andy openend a new store on Great Jones Street, in Manhattan, called Partners & Spade. He resides in New York City.
- Author(s)Jim Walrod
- PublisherpowerHouse Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication29/05/2014
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintpowerHouse Books,U.S.
- Content Note1
- Weight150 g
- Width110 mm
- Height156 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.