Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.44Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA wonderfully inventive comic actor and a great farceur ...In Manuel he created one of the great comic characters. John Cleese Berlin, 1938. In a crowded restaurant a small boy watches fearfully as his Jewish father is arrested by Hitler's Gestapo. Days later, as Nazis burn and loot Jewish shops, his resourceful Catholic mother prepares an escape plan to take her family to England. So began Andreas Siegfried Sachs' life in London, a new life at times less bizarre or madcap than the world of Fawlty Towers and its hapless Spanish waiter, Manuel. Now, as one of Britain's best-loved actors, Andrew Sachs recounts tales of his hilarious struggle to come to terms with all things English and his early foray into the world of showbiz, and goes behind the scenes of the infamous Torquay hotel. In time conquering stage, screen and radio, Sachs has appeared alongside a galaxy of stars including Rex Harrison, Norman Wisdom, Noel Coward, Alec Guinness, Richard Burton and Peter Sellers, and written award-winning radio plays, proving his talent and versatility again and again.A charming, laugh-out-loud funny and utterly compelling memoir which promises to delight devotees of Fawlty Towers, I Kw Nothing! reveals the twists and turns of the truly fascinating life of Andrew Sachs, whose dignified response to the distressing intrusion into his private life by Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross has only served to enhance the British public's affection for him.
- Author BiographyBorn in Germany in 1930, Andrew Sachs came to England in 1938 with his family. Following school and a stint of National Service, he began a career in theatre, touring Britain before joining the BBC Drama Repertory Company, where he achieved success on stage, television and the radio. He landed his career-defining role in 1975: the Spanish waiter Manuel in the hugely popular Fawlty Towers. Performing regularly on and off stage ever since, Sachs has recently appeared in Coronation Street and the acclaimed film Quartet. He lives in north London with his wife, Melody.
- PrizesShortlisted for Sheridan Morley Prize for Best Theatre Biography 2015.
- PublisherBiteback Publishing
- Date of Publication10/02/2014
- SubjectAutobiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRobson Press
- Content Note2x8pp colour plate sections
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $21.97
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.