All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $178.29Trending at AU $199.99
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.55
- AU $26.36Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.30
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $11.88
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.35
- AU $51.40Trending at AU $52.70
About this product
- DescriptionBinge out on this hilarious take-off with a Thanksgiving angle. Children will love this hilarious take-off on the popular cumulative poem I Kw an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly. With its theme of feasting-gone-wild, it's the perfect Thanksgiving treat that will remain fresh all year long. The old lady who comes for dinner has brought a mouthwatering pie and a monstrous appetite!The raveus relative doesn't even make it to the table before she has devoured her own offering.Then down goes a jug of cider to moisten the pie (which was really too dry), then an entire squash, followed by a bowl of salad and the whole darn turkey! The future looks murky after that turkey, but the old lady eats on .The outrageous ending is as satisfying as an extra dollop of whipped cream on a Thanksgiving pie who would have thought the old lady had something more to offer her horrified hosts, after all? Judith Byron Schachner's quirky, energetic illustrations are loaded with funny details and child appeal, embel- lishing a book that will delight anyone in need of a larger-than-life-size laugh.
- Author BiographyAlison Jackson is the award-winning artist who created the BBC TV series Double Take and the internationally acclaimed Schweppes advertising campaign. After studying sculpture and then Fine Art Photography at the Royal College of Art in London, Alison's work, has for the last five years, astonished and sometimes shocked audiences on both sides of the Atlantic.Judith Byron Schachner has been illustrating and writing children's books since 1992 and has given numerous presentations in schools and libraries. Her workshops are designed to be warm and personal with a special regard for the less than stellar student.
- Author(s)Alison Jackson
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication30/10/1997
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintE P Dutton & Co Inc
- Out-of-print date18/08/2009
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width241 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Judith Byron Schachner
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.