All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith a growing reputation as a visual artist, indie-rock star Devendra Banhart moves as effortlessly between genres as he does between musical instruments. In fact, Banhart trained as a visual artist before making a name in the music world. He draws daily and creates the illustrations for his albums and this book reveals that his visual creations are as sophisticated as his music, and worthy of attention. Banhart draws inspiration from artists such as Henry Darger, Paul Klee and Cy Twombly, but his work clearly reflects a 21st century aesthetic that is at once self-effacing and sharp-witted. Featuring a cross-section of his best work from the last decade, this collection is presented as a kind of ideas book - including Banhart's own commentary and musings as well as photographs and other ephemera, an essay by rewned art dealer Jeffrey Deitch and an interview with curator Diego Cortez. The result is a multi-dimensional portrait of a talented artist and an exciting glimpse into his creative process.
- Author BiographyDEVENDRA BANHART is a Venezuelan-American singer-songwriter and visual artist. He studied at the San Francisco Art Institute before pursuing a career in music. He has exhibited at a number of solo and group shows worldwide. He lives in New York.
- Author(s)Devendra Banhart
- Date of Publication10/06/2015
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note210, 180 COLOUR
- Weight1089 g
- Width215 mm
- Height285 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.