All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- Description10% of book sale profits are donated to Project Safety Net which provides safe harbor for abuse victims and their pets. Funny, informative, poignant and real, I MARRIED A PARASITE, is a true story chronicling divorce, cancer, abuse, dog custody battles and a relationship with a narcissist. It is perhaps best described as War of the Roses meets Bridget Jones' Diary meets The Money Pit. I knew something wasn't right about our relationship. I knew for a long time. It took years and oceans of tears but I finally figured out the math which revealed that Him + Him - Me = Our Marriage. It felt like I had taken a vow of indentured servitude. How had Prince Harming seduced me and kept me beholden to him for so long? I was gobsmacked that me, Ms. Independent, an oh-so-super-strong woman, was incapable of answering the question posed by my marriage counsellor: Why have you stayed in an abusive marriage so long? Dang. Good question! Me, never at a loss for words. A survior. A thriver. I had gruelled it out for five years under a tyrant for a thesis advisor to graduate with a PhD, battled breast cancer in my 30's (and won!), fought against fungus and all kinds of creepy-crawlies in an epic eight year historic home restoration. Yet, here I was - stumped by her question. Less than an hour later, we had figured it out. Ah-ha! I had married a narcissist. Who knew? Suddenly it all made sense. I could w put a label on all of those cause-for-pause behaviors I had been observing in him for a long time. In fact, it quickly became clear that he was textbook Narcissistic Personality Disorder, and the only thing unclear, besides the answer to the question of why I stayed, was how was I seduced in the first place and how in the hell do I get out?! This book includes practical tips that you can use, Top 10's on everything that I did and should have done with lessons learned on how to recognize and handle narcissists. Also included is a list of recommended books to read to help you through each phase in your own journey, plus a playlist with suggested songs to sing your heart out to while you evolve away from the person you've become under Prince Harming's reign. And, you just might have fun singing along with me as you progress through the stages of Laugh, Cry, Learn in preparation for your own Chapter 2. I MARRIED A PARASITE will inspire others to kw they are t alone and that they can overcome - by learning to let go.
- Author BiographyDr. LL (aka LuLu Bell, PhD) is resilient! After surviving breast cancer, an epic divorce and dog custody battle in the midst of an over-the-top historic home restoration, job loss and domestic violence, she wanted to share her lessons learned and create a forum for others to heal themselves and help others rebuild ... ideally doing so by exchanging stories over wine, but that's not always possible. So, a book, blogs, singing off-key to her favorite songs and Tweets (follow her @drLLBell) shared with a mixture of humor, compassion and advice seemed like the next best thing. LuLu resides with her rescue dog, Snooks, in the greater NYC area and welcomes your feedback and insights so that, together, we can squash all those parasites out of lives!
- Author(s)Dr L,Dr L L
- Date of Publication15/05/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight191 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.