All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionImagine waking up in the middle of the night and wondering whether where you were in San Francisco or San Diego, New Delhi or Nashville, Amman or Emeryville? And why you were where you were? This is the story of a modern Nomad, a Hi-tech immigrant who becomes a refugee in Nashville during the meltdown of techlogy industry in Silicon Valley. In the last chapter, the author moves again to yet ather interesting place. The author captures the contrast and similarities between the places beautifully, using both colorful words and colorful photographs, combining stunning imagery with his equally stunning imagination to convey thoughtful messages to us the swflakes descend slowly, floating in the air, allowing the air current to carry them with it, letting it change their paths. They have chosen t to confront their destiny, choosing instead to enjoy every second of their short lives, their journey to the ground. A funny and yet very poignant story!
- Author BiographyKalpanik S. is the pen name for an executive in software industry. He came to USA 20 years ago on a fellowship by University of California Regents to do graduate level studies and research in Computer Science and Engineering. After obtaining his Master's degree, Kalpanik spent more than a decade in Silicon Valley, working for both large Corporations and small startups companies. The technology industry's infamous bust early 21st century took him to Seattle, where he worked for Amazon.com. He could not get used to the gray skies of Seattle, so his journey took to Tennessee and eventually back to California, but Southern California this time. Having traveled through and lived in so many interesting places, it was only natural for Kalpanik to document his journey as books. He has a strong sense of humor, and uses his power of observation to highlight uniqueness of the places he visits and people he meets in a jovial way. He also likes playing with his readers and surprising them by mixing concepts from science, philosophy and literature in an unexpected manner, making them both crack up with laughter page after page while still forcing them to think every now and then. Many of his stories, characters or incidents have a second deeper and cryptic meaning thus adding a layer of barely visible complexity. He is able to cater to needs of both types of readers, those who are looking for something light to read and those who want to read something sophisticated.
- Author(s)Kalpanik S
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication12/05/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight313 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.