All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow does a smart medical student end up spending most of his adult life in prison? Easy, Fred Moore learns, if you chase the elusive bliss of crack cocaine all the way to the end game of a bankrupt soul. In I Once Was Lost, Fred reveals the vivid, unvarnished story of how his charmed middle-class lifestyle crumbled under the weight of his addiction to crack cocaine-a relentless addiction that drove him to betray his family, throw away the opportunity to attend medical school, and spend much of his adult life in and out of prison. A powerful story of one man's reckless existence told with humor and gut-wrenching honesty, I Once Was Lost also explores a spiritual journey that allowed Fred to ask the hard questions that many are unwilling to ask-and find the answers that ultimately healed his life.
- Author BiographyFred Moore was born and raised in Winston-Salem, NC, where he attended public schools, graduating from Parkland Senior High in 1975. He went on to obtain his bachelor's degree in Biology Education from Hampton University and matriculated to the College of William and Mary, North Carolina State University and the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill, where he was accepted into medical school. When he became involved with cocaine during medical school, the author went on to be incarcerated seven times, the last one in October, 1998. He began to rebuild his life during this time (1998-2007), beginning with his first job in 15 years, at Parks Chevrolet in Kernersville NC. He stayed with Parks until the recession hit in the fall of 2008. This caused him to re-think his employment possibilities so, he went back to school at Forsyth Technical Community College, where he graduated in December of 2011 with an Associate's in Applied Science/Biotechnology and a 3.92 GPA. He is currently employed at the Winston-Salem Urban League since February, 2012, and has been the music director at Greater Hope of Glory Missionary Baptist Church since December, 2010. He is unmarried, has no children and lives with his sister in Kernersville NC. This is his first book.
- Author(s)Fred Moore
- Date of Publication16/07/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight367 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.