I See What You Mean: Persuasive Business Communication by D. Joel Whalen (Paperback, 1995)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $102.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $26.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPractical and invative, this book will assist students in developing their skills in effective, influential business communication. It is replete with research-based examples, tips and exercises and covers topics such as: customizing messages to different audiences; dealing with angry employers and customers; managing speech anxiety and stage fright; increasing credibility; and creating high-impact presentations.
- Author BiographyJoel Whalen is Academic Director of the Kellstadt Center Sales Leadership Program at Chicago's DePaul University (since 1986). He is an Associate Professor of Marketing and holds a Ph.D. in Marketing Com-munications (Florida State University '86). Dr. Whalen has been listed by Who's Who in America and Men of Distinction, Cambridge, England. He is a Sales and Sales Management Fellow of the American Marketing Association. The Ernst & Young Entrepreneurship Foundation named him Entrepreneur of the Year, and he is a member of the Entrepreneur Hall of Fame. Joel has received numerous awards for outstanding teaching. After 10 years of study, experimentation, and innovation, in cooperation with companies, associations, and thousands of DePaul students, Joel discovered the core psychological, attitudinal, and behavioral drivers behind effective, professional communication. He created a series of exercises that have helped people become more masterful communicators. In workshops and classes throughout the U.S., Australia, and Thailand, Dr. Whalen gives thousands of people the tools they need. Dr. Whalen has an extensive background in sales and advertising. As a salesperson and sales manager, he consistently set all-time sales records. Joel has received numerous advertising awards for creative television and radio commer-cials, including an award for one of the first television commercials created by a computer. In Florida politics, Whalen was communications advisor to several successful, statewide political campaigns. Dr. Whalen is the author of I See What You Mean, Sage Publications. He has published articles in: Psychology & Marketing Journal of Business Research Journal of Business Ethics Design Management Journal Journal of Educational & Psychological Measurement Journal of Promotions Management Joel has been interviewed by national and international press including:l CBS NBC ABC PBS NPR's Marketplace Advertising Age Atlanta Constitution Chicago Tribune Chicago Sun Times Christian Science Monitor Financial Times of London Playboy Time The Australian Broadcasting Company (ABC)
- Author(s)D. Joel Whalen
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication04/12/1995
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight410 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.08Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.