About this product
- DescriptionWinner of the Coretta Scott King illustrator award, I, Too, Am America blends the poetic wisdom of Langston Hughes with visionary illustrations from Bryan Collier in this inspirational picture book that carries the promise of equality. I, too, sing America.I am the darker brother.They send me to eat in the kitchenWhen company comes, But I laugh, And eat well, And grow strong. Langston Hughes was a courageous voice of his time, and his authentic call for equality still rings true today. Beautiful paintings from Barack Obama illustrator Bryan Collier accompany and reinvent the celebrated lines of the poem I, Too, creating a breathtaking reminder to all Americans that we are united despite our differences. This picture book of Langston Hughes s celebrated poem, I, Too, Am America, is also a Common Core Text Exemplar for Poetry.
- Author BiographyBryan Collier is the author and illustrator of the Coretta Scott King Award-winning book Uptown. He has also illustrated Martin s Big Words, which was also a Coretta Scott King Illustrator Honor book; Rosa, which received the Coretta Scott King Illustrator Award; Dave the Potter, for which he won the Caldecott Honor; Your Moon, My Moon ; and the #1 New York Times bestselling Barack Obama. Mr. Collier lives in New York.
- Author(s)Langston Hughes
- PublisherSimon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
- Date of Publication22/05/2012
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSimon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight463 g
- Width238 mm
- Height285 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Bryan Collier
- Format DetailsPicture book,Sewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.