Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $45.23Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJessica Backhaus is that rare photographer today who can capture nuances of everyday life in combination with a sensational feeling for color. Within all three of her published series, Jesus and the Cherries, What Still Remains, and One Day in November (Kehrer Verlag, 2005 and 2008), we witness the most subtle, yet vibrant use of color as it reflects off surfaces or embraces people. In her most recent series I Wanted To See The World, we are totally immersed in her rippling colors as we see both the natural world and man-made structures in reflection on the surface of rivers and lakes.
- Author BiographyLaurence Miller is the Director of Laurence Miller Gallery, New York. February 2010 marked the gallery's 26th Anniversary, making it one of the oldest continually operating galleries in New York City specializing exclusively in the art of photography. Jessica Backhaus was born in Cuxhaven, Germany in 1970. At the age of sixteen, she moved to Paris where she studied photography and visual communications. Here she would meet Gisele Freund in 1992, who became her mentor and close friend. In 1995 her passion for photography drew her to New York, where she started assisting photographers and pursued her own projects. Since then her work has been shown in numerous solo and group exhibitions, including The National Portrait Gallery in London and the Martin-Gropius-Bau in Berlin. In Fall 2005 her first book, Jesus and the Cherries was published by Kehrer Verlag, Heidelberg. Fall 2008 brought two new books, both published by Kehrer Verlag. The first titled What Still Remains and the second book One Day in November which is a visual homage to Gisele Freund, who would have celebrated her 100th birthday in December 2008. Backhaus is represented by Laurence Miller Gallery in New York, Robert Morat Galerie in Hamburg and The Photographers' Gallery in London. While based in New York, Jessica divides her time and life between Europe and the United States.
- PublisherKehrer Verlag
- Date of Publication26/04/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintKehrer Verlag
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight612 g
- Width229 mm
- Height310 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Photographer(s)Jessica Backhaus
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Sewn
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.50Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $43.92Trending at AU $50.20
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.