All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.80
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.84
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.53
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $19.06
- AU $10.90Trending at AU $17.97
- AU $12.64Trending at AU $17.64
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $20.33
About this product
- DescriptionI Was a Seventh Grade Monster Hunter - The Stoker Legacy, Book 1 By A.G. Kent A vel of adventure, fantasy, horror, humor -- and monsters! -- for Middle Grade Readers. 124 pages / Published in digital form and as Createspace trade paperback. THE STOKER LEGACY Hannah was born into a family of famous monster hunters. Maybe that's why she's always felt like an outsider. But with her grandfather's instruction, she's starting to understand just who she is... and what her destiny will be. The Great Lakes are in terrible danger. A madman with a horrifying plan is on the loose. And Hannah's grandfather is the only one who can stop him. But he's missing... NOW IT'S UP TO HER... AND HER NEW FRIENDS --- Hannah watched in horror as the lightning from the raging storm lit up the scene like a photographer's flash. The madman who stood at the ship's bow angrily pointed at the werewolf - and a tree-trunk sized tentacle whipped out from the vortex and wrapped itself around the beast, binding him tightly in place. Then the madman chanted a stream of some forgotten language and long, slimy appendages likewise whipped out and captured the mummy and the vampire. The Consumer had all of them in its grip! The madman cackled maniacally and shouted into the wind. Hannah took a deep breath. She had only one chance to make things right. --- This book combines the thrills of a supernatural parable-cum-adventure tale with the charm of a coming-of-age story. The protagonist, Hannah, is clever and strong, but touchingly vulnerable. I Was a Seventh Grade Monster Hunter will keep you enthralled until the very end, when you might wonder who the real monsters are. -- Debbi Mack, New York Times bestselling author of IDENTITY CRISIS and LEAST WANTED A.G. Kent explodes onto the YA scene with I WAS A SEVENTH GRADE MONSTER HUNTER, a rollicking horror adventure that will fill the air with delighted shrieks from readers of ALL ages. Spooky, fast-paced and a promising launch to a delightful new series! -- Jonathan Maberry, NY Times bestselling author of ROT & RUIN and DUST & DECAY Kent makes sure there is eugh suspense and humor that readers of any age will enjoy the spirited exploits of Hannah and her Creature Crew... [the book is] a unique mixture of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Lovecraftian horror, and the 1970s Saturday morning kids show Monster Squad; there are equal parts middle-school melodrama, frightening but t too-scary monsters, cliff-hanging suspense, and sophisticated goofiness. Definitely recommend[ed] for all fans of the ageless, classic monsters. -- Chris Welch, ElderSignsPress.com Reviews A.G. Kent has created a story so full of action, strange creatures and peculiar events it makes you wonder how much of this might have been inspired by his own adventures. Whatever the inspiration, the result is an adventure that will keep your favorite 'tween' enthralled to the very end. -- Lynnette Phillips, Lynnette's Book World --- ABOUT A.G. KENT Before becoming a writer, A.G. Kent led an adventurous life: performing with rock bands, panning for gold in the mountains of Idaho, scuba-diving in the Florida Keys, investigating hauntings in the North Woods, and exploring ghost towns in Arizona. Kent's expedition to Mt. Everest had to be canceled when raging yeti made off with the base camp gear. Sales of this book will help mount a new expedition to photograph the shy but very aggressive creatures. So buy two copies, one for you and one for a friend, if you'd like to see what the abominable swmen really look like!
- Author BiographyBefore becoming a writer, A.G. Kent led an adventurous life: performing with rock bands, panning for gold in the mountains of Idaho, scuba-diving in the Florida Keys, investigating hauntings in the North Woods, and exploring ghost towns in Arizona. Kent's expedition to Mt. Everest had to be canceled when raging yeti made off with the base camp gear. Sales of this book will help mount a new expedition to photograph the shy but very aggressive creatures. So buy two copies, one for you and one for a friend, if you'd like to see what the abominable snowmen really look like!
- Author(s)A G Kent
- PublisherTarkus Press
- Date of Publication20/07/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTarkus Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight154 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.