All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSTOP RIGHT THERE. Don t move a muscle, buster. Stay out of this book or I WILL CHOMP YOU! So says the t-so-fierce inhabitant of I Will Chomp You!, a tale of deception, greed . . . and cake! In their funny read-aloud, Jory John and Bob Shea bring a fresh twist to a time-tested blueprint as their little monster threatens, reasons, and pleads with readers to go further in the book because he will NOT share his beautiful, delicious cakes. Children will identify with the monster s high valuation of his possessions, and (importantly) will laugh at the silly measures he takes to protect them. A monster s reign of terror begins even before the title page: HEY. GO AWAY. Turn to the title page and there the monster waits, blue-skinned and angry-eyed: I WILL CHOMP YOU! As the reader turns the pages, the monster s direct-address threats increase: If you turn any more pages I WILL CHOMP YOU, BUSTER! Ather page turn and the monster is even angrier: NOW QUIT IT! Until finally, HEY! I m warning you! You ve been officially WARNED! CHOMP! Unfortunately for the monster, the reader is just too fast, and its chomp misses the mark. The monster proceeds to bite, yell, and barrel its way through the pages, repeatedly trying to halt-by-chomping the reader from reaching its secret hidden in the back pages of the book ( psst, it s cake). This book, written entirely as monster mologue, is all bright colors and sharp edges, creating a feeling of temper-tantrum immediacy that matches the silly-angry words. Shea s illustrations are bold but t too busy, giving the impression of fast movement and strong emotions, and the striped shirt wearing monster is lovable in an ankle-biting kind of way. The fast pace, funny faces, and silly secret make this a great read-aloud. Sian Gaeta THE HORN BOOK
- Author BiographyJORY JOHN is the author of the picture books I Will Chomp You!, Quit Calling Me a Monster!, and the E.B. White Read-Aloud Honor Book Goodnight Already!. He is the co-author of the New York Times bestselling novel, The Terrible Two, and the national bestseller All my friends are dead, among many other books. For six years, Jory taught writing at 826 Valencia, a nonprofit writing and educational center in San Francisco. BOB SHEA has written and illustrated over a dozen picture books, including the popular Dinosaur vs. Bedtime and the cult favorite Big Plans, illustrated by Lane Smith. His characters and animations have appeared on Nick Jr., Playhouse Disney, and PBS Kids. Bob spends his days writing, drawing, and having conversations with NPR.
- Author(s)Bob Shea,Jory John
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication15/08/2015
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Books for Young Readers
- Content NoteFull colour
- Weight522 g
- Width254 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.