All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn author's murder during an H. P. Lovecraft fan convention reveals dark secrets beneath the printed page in this biting murder-mystery satire. At the Summer Tentacular, murder is n-fiction. For fans of legendary pulp author H. P. Lovecraft, there is thing bigger than the annual Providence-based convention the Summer Tentacular. Horror writer Colleen Danzig doesn't kw what to expect when she arrives, but is unsettled to find that among the hobbbing between scholars and literary critics are a group of real freaks: book collectors looking for volumes bound in human skin, and true believers claiming the power to summon the Elder God Cthulhu, one of their idol's most horrific fictional creations, before the weekend is out. Colleen's trip spirals into a nightmare when her roommate for the weekend, an obxious velist kwn as Passian, turns up dead, his face neatly removed. What's more unsettling is that, in the aftermath of the murder, there is little concern among the convention goers. The Summer Tentacular continues uninterrupted, except by a few bumbling police. Everyone at the convention is a possible suspect, but only Colleen seems to show any interest in solving the murder. So she delves deep into the darkness, where occult truths have been lurking since the beginning of time. A darkness where Passian is waiting, spending a lot of time thinking about Colleen, narrating a new Lovecraftian tale that could very well spell her doom. Skyhorse Publishing, under our Night Shade and Talos imprints, is proud to publish a broad range of titles for readers interested in science fiction (space opera, time travel, hard SF, alien invasion, near-future dystopia), fantasy (grimdark, sword and sorcery, contemporary urban fantasy, steampunk, alternative history), and horror (zombies, vampires, and the occult and supernatural), and much more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller, a national bestseller, or a Hugo or Nebula award-winner, we are committed to publishing quality books from a diverse group of authors.
- Author BiographyNick Mamatas is an author, editor, and anthologist. His novels have been translated into German, Italian, and Greek. His work has been nominated for Bram Stoker, Hugo, World Fantasy, Shirley Jackson, International Horror Guild, and Locus awards. Mamatas lives in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Author(s)Nick Mamatas
- PublisherNight Shade Books
- Date of Publication09/08/2016
- SubjectHorror & Ghost Stories
- Place of PublicationNewberg
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNight Shade Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight299 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $30.99New
- AU $71.82New
- AU $79.26New
- AU $49.25New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $30.99
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.37
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.26
- AU $10.69Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.11
- AU $10.79Trending at AU $18.68
- AU $22.29Trending at AU $22.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.