All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.95Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionIn this collection of absurdist one-act plays, the characters are all multiple facets of one or two types that are almost human but then are transformed through metamorphoses until they end up in a surreal universe where insects hold sway. Ideally suited to experimental and low-budget theatre companies, the scenery is simple or n-existent to keep production costs to a minimum, and the plays can be performed with a small cast.
- Author BiographyDaniel Sloate (1931-2009) was a prolific poet, playwright and translator. He was the author of numerous books, including I is Another and Of Dissonance and Shadows. Sloate attended the University of Western Ontario (where he obtained an B.A. in French and English) and obtained a doctorate in French literature from the Sorbonne. He taught translation at the Translators' School in Paris before taking a position also teaching translation at the Universite de Montreal, where he remained until his retirement in 1995.
- Author(s)Daniel Sloate
- PublisherGuernica Editions,Canada
- Date of Publication26/09/2008
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintGuernica Editions,Canada
- Weight238 g
- Width215 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.