All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.75Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe book starts with an overview of Linux and the IA-64 architecture and then discusses each major subsystem of the kernel in more detail. Among others, there are separate chapters on how multi-tasking maps onto the underlying hardware, on the virtual memory subsystem, device support (programemd I/O, DMA & interrupts), symmetric multi-processing (SMP), and on the bootstrap procedure needed to bring a computer to live. These chapters place great emphasis t just on the what , but also on the how and why of how Linux accomplishes its tasks. Each chapter has two primary components: the first describes the interfaces that the Linux kernel uses to abstract platform differences, and the second describes how these interfaces have been realized for IA-64. This structure makes the book useful t just to those readers interested specifically in IA-64 Linux, but also to anyone who would like to gain a better understanding of how Linux works on other platform.
- Author BiographyDAVID MOSBERGER is a Senior Research Scientist at HP Labs. In early 1998, he founded the project to bring Linux to the IA-64 platform, later developing the first IA-64 version of the GNU C compiler and GNU toolchain. He has been serving as lead architect, developer, and gatekeeper of the IA-64 Linux kernel source code. STEPHANE ERANIAN is a Senior Research Scientist at HP Labs. He has been working on the port of Linux to the IA-64 platform since late 1998. He is main architect of the kernel performance monitoring subsystem, and architect and maintainer of the Linux/IA-64 elilo boot loader.
- Author(s)David Mosberger,Stephane Eranian
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication30/01/2002
- SubjectComputing: General
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight962 g
- Width186 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine45 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.