All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIBM Cogs is Business Intelligence software that enables businesses to fully utilize their maximum potential. It connects people with information from virtually any data source whenever and wherever they need it so that they can make better decisions, faster. Take the practical, hands-on approach to managing your reporting environment with IBM Cogs Business Intelligence - packed with coverage of all the latest features to truly help you maximize your potential. With this in-depth practical guide you will learn how to fully utilize IBM Cogs 10 so that your business can make smarter decisions, achieve better results and gain a deeper understanding of your company's data. You will learn about critical topics like Report Studio, Query Studio, Analysis Studio, Security and Administration as well as in-depth coverage of other features like Business Insight, Business Insight Advanced, and Active Reports, which were introduced with IBM Cogs 10.
- Author BiographyDustin Adkison is an active member of the IBM Cognos community. He began his career in Business Intelligence at one of the premier Cognos customers, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee. After a short period, he became one of the Cognos administrators of a very large Cognos implementation as well as the training coordinator for all Cognos needs. While at BCBST, Dustin began to shape his skills in Cognos Report, which later became IBM Cognos 8 and IBM Cognos 10. Dustin soon joined the Cognos consulting industry with Market Street Solutions (a Tennessee-based IBM Premier Partner that focuses on IBM Cognos). There he worked as both a consultant and a sales and presales resource. Dustin was an active member of the Atlanta and Tennessee Cognos User Groups during this time. He also further developed his skills around IBM Cognos and began presenting to various user communities. For the last 5 years, Dustin has worked for BrightStar Partners and BSP Software, which are now owned by Avnet. He manages a team of sales resources, provides sales and technical sales support, and sets the direction for the sales team. Dustin is currently an active member of the Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, St. Louis, and Michigan User Groups. He has been a speaker at each of these User Groups in the past. In addition, he has presented at the Chattanooga, Nashville, Cincinnati, Columbus, Victoria, Toronto, and Vancouver User Groups as a guest. As one of the leaders of the adoption of Cognos Express, Dustin was asked to present both on a panel and as an individual at IBM Information on Demand (IOD) and on a cfo.com webcast. Dustin has written about the importance of soft skills in the BI industry and has had his writings featured on various forums. For the past two years, Dustin has been honored as an IBM Champion, an award that is given to the information leaders within the IBM space.
- Author(s)Dustin Adkison
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication14/05/2013
- SubjectSoftware Packages
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight550 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.