All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionDesign Methods for Performance Sustainability is one of four books resulting from the contributions to the 13th International Conference on Engineering Design (ICED 01), held in August 2001 in Glasgow Scotland. The ICED conference series was initiated by Workshop Design-Konstruktion (WDK) in 1981 and has grown to become one of the most pre-eminent conferences in the field. From the beginning, ICED has offered a platform for the discussion of new trends, developments and research findings in the areas of product development, design support techniques, design processes, design science and design education. ICED conferences cover all aspects and disciplines of engineering design, and over the years have become the forum for establishing, maintaining and improving contacts and cooperation between researchers and engineers working in engineering design from countries all over the world. Design Methods for Performance Sustainability addresses the methods, techniques and tools used within the design process. Particular emphasis is given to those concerned with so-called design for X issues, and with analysis and simulation in design. The book is divided into two main topic groups. In the first, different design methodologies are considered under a number of topic headings - design for X, analysis for design, optimization, conceptual and specification phase tools, ergomics and human factors, aesthetics, quality methods, material and component selection, and modular engineering and product platforms. A number of papers in the conference were concerned with issues of sustainable engineering, and these are collected in the second topic group, with subjects tackling issues with life cycle assessment, customer-centered design for the environment and the integration of environmental considerations in product development.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication20/08/2001
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBury St Edmunds
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintProfessional Engineering Publishing
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight1776 g
- Width161 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine47 mm
- Edited byS. Culley
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.